Mid-Autumn Festival Fun 一起過中秋!

Updated: Oct 1

The Mid-Autumn Festival has always been a fun festival to me. I love mooncakes and lanterns and candles. My sister knew me well and bought Abrielle a lantern when she was a baby! 對我來說,中秋節是個有趣的節日。我尤喜歡月餅、燈籠和蠟燭。我的妹妹非常明白我的心意,在蓁蓁還是小寶寶的時候,就送她燈籠!

Baby and Lantern 寶寶與燈籠

Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase through the link. 注意:文中有行銷推廣連結。當你按下連結購買東西的時候(絕不影響你的價格),我會獲得一點兒佣金。


Now that A is older, here are some activities we have tried (or will do) this Moon Festival: 現在女兒長大了一點,這是這個中秋我們已做(或將會做)的事:

  • Learn about the Mid-Autumn Festival 了解中秋節

  • Read stories about the moon 看月亮有關的故事

  • Make some lanterns 做燈籠

  • Make playdough mooncakes 做黏土月餅

  • Make real mooncakes 吃月餅、做月餅

  • Admire the moon 賞月

  • Watch a movie 看電影

  • Make our own Mid-Autumn booklet 做中秋小書

  • Make a Reunion Dinner Picture 製作團圓飯圖

  • Play Mid-Autumn Bingo 玩中秋賓果遊戲


Learn about the Mid-Autumn Festival 了解中秋節


To help A understand the festival better with authentic photographs of people celebrating the festival, I have created a bilingual non-fiction reader for A. We received our paperback today! And I am so glad that A is starting to tell us about the festival!





Read stories about the moon 看月亮有關的故事


Here are some moon-related stories that we like: 以下是我們喜歡的月亮故事:


We don't have any Chinese story books about the Mid-Autumn Festival yet. It is too late for us to buy this year. Here are some good books recommended by Taiwanese Mommy/Teacher 早媽 and Cantonese Mommy. Betty from CHALK Academy recommended 19 good books in English and Chinese. 這個中秋節我們來不及買中文中秋圖書,不過大家可以看看台灣老師/媽媽早媽Cantonese Mommy的推介。CHALK Academy的Betty也介紹了十九本中文或英語好書。


Updated (9/30/20): I just found out I forgot my favorite, The Mouse Who Ate the Moon (小老鼠吃月亮)!!!!!!! How can I forget this book?! You can even find the Chinese version of the book. If you are our member, go to Cantonese Storytime and look for the Cantonese telling of this story. I love the lovely plot and the artwork.




Make Lanterns 做燈籠


We made our own lanterns out of a piece of cardstock. I saw this awesome design when I once had my boba tea takeaway. They used it to hold the drink. 我們用一張卡紙做成了燈籠。這個設計是有一次我外賣珍珠奶茶時看到的,他們用這個方法放飲料。

I placed a candle in the picture to show A how it works. The wind would probably blow out the candle if we played outside. A better and safer way might be to use a LED tealight. 圖中我使用了蠟燭,讓女兒看看這個燈籠怎麼玩。如果我們在外面玩,風大可能會把蠟燭吹熄。比較好或安全的方法可能是電子蠟燭


You may download my template here: 你可以在此下載燈籠圖樣:

One-Pager Lantern 一頁燈籠
.pdf
Download PDF • 599KB



Make Playdough Mooncakes 做黏土月餅

Here is the homemade playdough recipe we used. We used only water, flour, salt, and food coloring (we used powdered food coloring this time). 我們按照這個方法製作黏土,只用水、麵粉、鹽和食用色素(這次我們用的是粉狀食用食素的)。



Make real mooncakes 吃月餅、做月餅


We finished all mini traditional mooncakes we got long before the festival, so we might be making some ice cream snowy mooncakes. Here is the recipe I plan to use: 我們早早就把迷你傳統月餅吃光。。。所以,或許,我們會製作一些雪糕冰皮月餅~我打算跟著這個食譜做:




Admire the moon 賞月


Go out in the evening is a must do for me! It always feels wonderful carrying bright lanterns and feeling the cool autumn breeze. Of course, the moon is beautiful, too! 中秋夜一定要出外面一下!提著亮亮的燈籠,感愛秋天的涼風,是一件樂事!而且,月亮也很美啊!

© Griffin Wooldridge / Pexels



Watch a Movie 看電影


You may also watch the animated musical Over the Moon on Netflix (coming October 23, 2020). In the story, a girl made a rocketship, hoping to find the Moon Goddess on the moon. 你知道Netflix十月二十三日會推出電影Over the Moon嗎?那是一個關於女孩造火箭尋找月亮女神的故事。



Make our own Mid-Autumn booklet 做中秋小書



A likes making her own little booklets. I have created this one for her to color and squiggle. You may download it here: 女兒喜歡製作小書。我製作了這本讓她塗塗顏色、動動筆。大家可以在此下載:

MidAutumnBookletMaking中秋節小書製作
.pdf
Download PDF • 1.27MB

Allow your child to draw the moon or draw anything special about the Mid-Autumn Festival on the cover! 讓你的孩子在封面上畫出月亮,或畫出中秋特別的東西吧!


Again, remember to print on both sides. Under the Layout tab, choose "Flip on Short Edge". My paper size is US Letter. 記得雙面印。在「Layout (版面)」欄選「Flip on Short Edge (短邊翻頁)」。我用的是美國「A4」紙~ ​


I have bought a long stapler for binding my booklets! 我為了製作小書買了長釘書機。




Make a Reunion Dinner Picture 製作團圓飯圖


We are going to make a picture of reunion dinner, imagining having a Mid-Autumn dinner with our loved ones, who live afar. My daughter loves to create everything on her own, so I will only provide her with craft materials and tools such as construction paper, felt, creamy crayons, paint brushes, and scissors. If your kids need more support, you may create the picture with them. 我們會製作團圓飯畫,幻想我們可以和遠方的親人吃中秋晚飯。女兒喜歡自由創作,所以我只會提供材料和工具,如手工紙、絨布、水彩潤滑蠟筆、畫筆和剪刀等。如果你的孩子需要多一點的協助,大家可以一同創作。


Here are some of the materials and tools we often use for our art or craft activities: 這些是我們常用的創作材料和工具:




Play Mooncake Bingo 玩月餅賓果遊戲


I love mooncakes and am always curious to see what words people put on the mooncake. Therefore, I have created a mooncake bingo activity for my daughter and my students. Hope you like it as well. You may write characters in the grids or type in a document (I use BiauKai, font size 24). 我喜歡月餅,而且常常好奇月餅上會寫些什麼,所以我製作了月餅賓果遊戲給女兒和學生。希望大家也喜歡!大家可以在格中寫字,或用電腦打字(我用標楷體,字體大小為24)。


You may download the Bingo sheets here: 你可以在此下載賓果遊戲紙:

Mooncake Bingo 月餅賓果遊戲
.pdf
Download PDF • 313KB


Have a wonderful Mid-Autumn Festival!

祝大家中秋節快樂!



Join my mailing list
  • YouTube
  • Podcast

© DauDingism 豆丁主義 2012-2020 by S.Y. Cindy Chau 周嬗儀.

All rights reserved. 版權所有。